Day 1: Arrive in Arusha
Arrive anytime at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). We will arrange a private transfer from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) to your hotel in Arusha where the rest of the day is at leisure, you will be staying at the hotel which is beautifully located on the slope of Mt. Meru and is a perfect place to prepare for your adventure.
We will gather in the hotel for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Day 2: Meriakamba Hut (Full board)
We drive from your hotel in Arusha to Momela Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe ,monkeys,and often elephants along the route.
Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
- Elevation(m): (1,387 m to (1,500 m)
- Elevation(ft): 4,921 ft) to 3,000 ft )
- Distance: 10 km
- Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
- Habitat: Montane Forest.
Day 3: Saddle Hut (Full board)
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climbing.
The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone.
After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
- Dinner and overnight night at Saddle Hut
- Elevation(m): 2,514 m to 3,570 m
- Elevation(ft): 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
- Distance: 8 km
- Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
- Habitat: Forest and Moorland.
Day 4: Summit Day (Full board)
We start early at around 1:00a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) on time for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds depends on the weather . The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridge line between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater.
We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Meriakamba Hut.
- Elevation(m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
- Elevation(ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
- Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
- Hiking Time: 10 – 12 hours
- Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
Day 5: Meriakamba Hut to Momella Gate to Arusha (Full board)
We take a short and fast descent way through open grassland and forest, with possibility of seeing wildlife before reaching Momella Gate in the late morning.
The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha.
- Elevation(m): 2,514 m to 1,500 m to 1,387 m
- Elevation(ft): 4,921 ft to 8,250 ft to 4,921ft
- Distance: 10 km
- Hiking time: 2-4 hours
- Habitat: Montane Forest
Price & Accommodations options
- This tour can be arranged based on clients budget plan
- 2 Nights accommodation in Arusha or Moshi and three meals a day while on the Mountain.
- Private professional mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Walking Poles
- First aid supplies
- Flying Doctor Service
- Tanzania Visa -amount varies depend where you come from
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.