BOOK THIS TOUR
Day 1: Drive to Momela Gate, hike to Miriakampa Hut
After a short registration at the Momela Gate, our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe , monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
Day 2: Miriakampa Hut to Saddle Hut
After Breakfast will start a walk from Miriakampa Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a steep sustained climb all the way. Starting through beautiful and lush montane forest, the path continues beyond the halfway point of Elephant Back Ridge and carries on uphill through the giant heather and other moorland vegetation to reach Saddle Hut for lunch. In the afternoon, you can make the short climb to the nearby summit of Little Meru for superb views. It takes about one hour to walk up and 30 minutes to walk down.
Day 3: The Summit
Summit day has an early start at around 12:00AM. There is a 1 hour steep climb to Rhino Point (3,800m / 12,467ft), then the path continues along a ridge of ash and rock to reach Cobra Point (4,350m / 14,272ft). The summit of Socialist Peak (4,566 m) is an hour further on a steep path with magnificent views of Kilimanjaro. Depending on your speed, you can enjoy sunrise at Cobra Point or the summit. The views are stunning: the cliffs of the Crater rim, the Ash Cone rising from the crater floor, Kilimanjaro floating on the morning clouds, and the Rift Valley. The route back to Rhino Point in the sharp morning light along a narrow ridge between the sloping outer wall of the crater and the sheer cliffs of the inner wall is one of the most dramatic and exhilarating walks in Africa. Brunch and a brief rest are taken at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to Miriakamba Hut. Our tour ends by driving you to your accommodation in Arusha or Moshi.
Price & Accommodations options
- This tour can be arranged based on clients budget plan
- Accommodation in huts
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs:
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- Clean, purified drinking water:
- Crisis management and safety procedures:
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
- Emergency Evacuation by Flying Doctor Society of Africa
- Tanzania Visa -amount varies depend where you come from
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.